Thank you all for your input! I had wondered if GS were more resistant to winterkill than gamefish - thank you CJSB2003. If it is true that there are no gamefish in the pond it is likely that it has experienced winterkills in the past. I will have to do some experimental fishing when the ice melts to find out for sure if it contains any gamefish. With my luck it will be full of bullheads - yuck! I believe that my pond is actually a natural pond (not man-made) and like many ponds in my area, it is likely a result of the rising water table (similar to what is occurring at Devil's Lake ND). I do think I am going to take a year or two to learn the pond better and study pond management before doing any stocking, no reason to be in a hurry, thank you mnfish. I have a guy from a local environmental company coming out tomorrow to measure dissolved O2 top to bottom. We have had a real winter in MN this year with over 2 feet of ice on the pond and 18-24 inches of snow on top of the ice. I would guess that this would be about the best time of year to measure dissolved O2 levels. I will post the results tomorrow.