Eric's and Scott's last 2 posts state clearly what I was trying to figure out how to say. A couple of things I would add is to know before you start what species you are targeting, why you are targeting them, and be prepared to adjust the locations if they don't produce results.

If your goal is forage protection, then structure needs to be denser as Scott said. If it is to add shade or "edges" for predator fish, then the structure can be more open. If it is to make a fishing spot more convenient, then the fish probably need to at least be moving through that area to begin with, or they may not find it and hold there unless a feeder is present.

I have a 10X50' area that has a good mix of porcupines and Christmas trees. I noticed that my CNBG were moving into that area before the feeder threw, then left when the food was all gone. It made sense to me to move all this structure and the feeder to the area they were vacating. It was only 150' away, but it should make it easier to catch those CNBG all day, and not just when the feeder was throwing.

AL