Hi people, I just recently purchased a home last summer with a 1/4 acre pond. Its kind of in a wooded area with trees all around it, but certain parts of day it gets full sun. Live in Northwester Ohio and this past summer was so hott. Only thing the previous owner had out there was a homemade fountain with a utility pump. He only had it 2 feet below the surface of water so I know it wasnt getting much circulation. He also used a cheap Utility Pump starting drawing to many amps and kept popping the GFI. I went out and bought a Wayne Utility Pump and Spliced in to the wires with Underwater Connection. Made sure it was water tight and replummed the unit so it was about 7 or 8 feet deep. I only want to run this fountain for looks now that I have learned more about diffusers. I myself and my family are new to a ponds. Came from the city. but here is my question. I want to create some type of diffuser unit so i can areate the water. I am thinking about using 2" pvc pipe with ends capped going into a 4 way cross. Planned on drilling 1/64" holes up to 1/8" throughout the piping. Thinking the cross will be around 4 feet in dimensions. With 2' on each side of the cross. As for my air inlet. I was going to drill and tap in to the top of my 4 way and run an air line to it. What do you guys think of my Set up so far. Im really tight on money right now and trying to get by as cheap as i can. I understand about the pumps. I know you get what you pay for. I know Gast Pumps work really well, energy efficient, and reliable.. So i will probably go with Gast. I am unsure about which type or even how big of a unit i should go. The pump will be in my garage by my water treatment system. Will run the airline underground so it will be unseen. Still unsure of which type of airline to go with as well. Maybe Someone out there can point me in the proper direction. I would really appreciate it Thanks