I know that many on here are absentee property owners, and I can see where that situation might entail taking more precautions than if one was a permanent resident on the place, especially in regards to other, unsavory, uninvited individuals.

I like to shoot, have owned firearms for many years, and are comfortable with them. But I only carry one when I have a clearly defined purpose....hunting, target shooting, pest eradication, etc. The idea of carrying a weapon out of fear, or on the off chance that I would NEED one to protect myself is a foreign concept to me.

I'm not a very well traveled person, so I'm open to the idea that I'm not aware of the harm that may befall someone who chooses not to carry a gun on their property, whether from animal or human sources. All I can base my decision not to carry on, is what I have experienced firsthand...and that leads me to believe that I'm in no danger. I know some are much more enthusiastic about their firearms than I am, and would enjoy the opportunity to carry a weapon more frequently, whatever the reason. And that's fine with me. But to my way of thinking, it would be like me carrying a garden hoe everywhere I go....just another tool.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.