Originally Posted By: RC51
There is of course a fine line to this statement below.

"I've learned (from PB of course) that the biggest risk in aerating would be inadequate aeration, to the point of better not to than to do it incorrectly."

I don't totally agree with this. If you have a pond that has a D.O. problem and it's bad enough I would have to say ANY air at that point would be better than nothing. Cause nothing is going to get you dead fish! I have even read of guys turning on their boat motors to help turn the water to get some D.O. in it. I believe there is some merrit to under aeration long term, but there is a fine line for this and your situation.

RC51, I stand corrected on that statement, thanks! Reminds me to watch my wording more carefully, such as "the biggest risk", should have read "one of the risks.."

Regarding the weighted tubing, I ran non-weighted tubing to my homemade fountain 100' from shore. I then installed my aeration system running nearly 800' of weighted tubing. NO COMPARISON! Definately spend the extra $$ and get the weighted tubing. The stuff is amazing!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES