Originally Posted By: Lovnlivin
Hey Mackie, hopefully the aeration experts will chime in but I've learned (from PB of course) that the biggest risk in aerating would be inadequate aeration, to the point of better not to than to do it incorrectly. The downside with the windmill for aeration is that DO is at it's lowest just before sunrise and the winds usually diminish in the evenings, if DO is a concern. Echoing your comment on lack of control (timers).

I too will be interested in what the aeration experts have to say since your pond is so exposed to the winds and water movement.

Regarding electricity, I realize 400 yds is a long distance but if running a few power poles is an option, you would be surprised how often electricity will come in handy at the pond, especially if you plan on spending family and fishing time out there!

Here's a comment on a recent post regarding a new pond: "The pros here will be able to guide you in the right direction for what you need to look for and do. I bet one question they will ask is what would be your goal of what to expect back from your pond? Fishing, swimming, types of fish you like, etc.?

It's better to do nothing until you have all the facts. Too many of us are impatient like little kids and go overboard and find out later we messed up....Have fun....... Jim"

I couldn't agree more as I was one of those "impatient" ones!

Good luck Mackie!

Well, they beat me to it while I was typing.

PB rocks!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES