So what are we to make of the equally large northerns in two different locations? I realize that published studies all claim CNBG to grow larger, and I agree that generally speaking that may be true. However, a fish-in-the-hand, EACH HAND... is worth two studies on the desk in my opinion.

This is why I have a problem with making definitive statements where ponds and fish are concerned. There always seems to be instances or circumstances that differ from the conditions encountered in those studies, or variables not previously allowed for, that despite all the careful planning and rigorous testing, leave room for differing results in real world conditions.

How long ago was it that we recommended stocking BG before LMB in northern ponds where a balanced environment was desired? Not so long. That was the accepted, recognized practice. Now, we know that doing so may lead to stunted BG. Newer, more updated information contradicted what was the norm for so long.

I'm not trying to argue, I just believe that the possibility exists for northern strain to match CNBG if conditions are right.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.