I have to admit I'd never given a lot of thought to the whole label thing, and vamaz and sprkplug I fully understand and respect your opinions on this.

But, coming from a tech background and subscribing to multiple forums, labels are not unusual. Replies are judged and rated, number of pertinent posts are rated, and many are fee based only. So to have labels here is not uncommon on the Interweb.

I think what may make this forum different, is that we "know" each other. DaveDavidson1 is Dave, esshup is Scott, n8ly is Nate. We'll ask questions that we feel comfortable asking because we know we won't get flamed or berated for making a less than perfect decision. Hit a coding or database forum where there are many various ways to get the same results. It can get ugly.

I was posting this and happened to read George's post. He and I have privately discussed this very thing several times and I have to admit that I really hadn't given this as much thought as George had. But the fact that this thread has brought out so many different opinions, proves there is a public perception issue. As is usual, George was ahead of the curve. Pretty smart for a youngster.

All I know is that I'm a better pond steward for this forum being available. How we get there is far less important to me than the end result.

Now, back to fly tying. laugh

AL