I think I understand sprkplug’s take on this…

In church, the concept of tything is a decision that is left up to one’s conscience without undo pressure from the congregation. They say that in a typical church, 10% do 90% of the work. But the beauty of a real church family is that everyone is as welcome as anyone, regardless of their contribution. No special labels, no stars, the doors are open to all.

I know the intent of these labels may not have been to differentiate, but nonetheless, this thread has got everyone thinking about what they got underneath their handles. It’s got me thinking, and I understand TJ’s take on this too. I’m not cool with the fact that I’ve been letting others carry the load. I subscribe and I bought a book (a really good one), but have never made a donation to this site. But this is the thing… I don’t know how much of a donation it takes to get the HOF label and it doesn’t matter, ‘cause with my donation I’ll be requesting no label be put under my name. Its not for recognition, but a matter of conscience.

I have a lot of fantasies and I don’t want to get into them right now, except for one of the boring ones - that despite my lack of expertise and all my mistakes, I might one day post something from my pond experience that will help somebody else out the way many of you have helped me. Not just a taker here, but a giver, too.