Okay - I see there has been a fair amount of previous discussion on this topic. But the general information still applies.
Everyone here including your neighbors and relatives with have all different suggestions for what to put in your pond. To best serve you, you should formulate or create some goals for the pond, BUT to do that you should do some homework here to discover all the options available so you can then make a wise choice / decision based on your knowledge. The better you understand a fishery the better you will know your goals, so do plenty of reading and learning. We can't decide goals for you, we can only tell you if your goals are achievable. In a newly filled pond it is MUCH better to let it sit fishless and develop a great food chain including phytoplankton, zooplankton and high numbers of all kinds of invertebrates ("bugs") while you learn about your options compared to stocking all at once and then decide "OOPs I wish I hadn't done that!"

There are lots of very good discussions here about stocking a new pond. Others may be able provide good information, but anyone that is really helpful will want to know your goals for the fishery. In my opinion be suspecious of anyone selling you fish and telling you what you need without first asking a lot of questions as to your long term goals are for the pond. Read this as a beginning to get some idea of questions you will likely have in 1-3 yrs:
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=319911#Post319911

Generally you will do not wrong to first stock some forage fish and let them reproduce several months to make 10s to 100s of thousands of minnnows as food for whatever sportfish you decide to stock. You can start by adding some fathead minnows - about 1000/acre as soon as the water gets to 50F. Do you have structure in the pond for good fathead spawning? If not learn about that and add good structure for their spawning until the stocking of fatheads.

Greatwhiteape mentioned to not stock crappie. I suggest that you subscribe to PBoss magazine and read my article about crappie in the Mar-Apr 2013 Pond Boss Magazine.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 02/01/13 12:15 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management