TJ, like most places, we are loaded with sparrows. However, we also have cardinals, mocking birds, wrens, etc. Our most beautiful bird is the bunting. They are the closest thing to technicolor that I've ever seen. However, they are extremely shy and don't live in the cities. I see them a lot in the country. To get them to come to the bird feeder just outside my house, I have to put up a piece of plywood for their privacy.

I targeted bluebirds with the bird houses and it worked. That is, they worked until squirrels and coons destroyed the houses to eat the eggs and chicks. I'm currently building more houses and will use squirrel excluders around the Tposts. I'm also going to hang a couple of houses from tree limbs. But the bluebirds are cavity nesters and I don't know whether they will buy into the idea of a windy, swinging house. Anybody have any experience with that?

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP