Continued....

I was hoping to pop that large WE taken in the Spring through the ice this season, no luck thus far. However, a couple of my fish from the Fall 2011 showed up, and it was good to see. Stocked at 5-6", both were 11" albeit pretty skinny. When their gape allows, I expect them to turn the corner pretty quickly.

Stocked 300 YP in the Fall of 2008 at 4-6", and Winter of 2011 turned up many fish up to 12.5 - 13". I thought my now I'd have a nice class of jumbos, but instead haven't been able to find those fish since. Was stoked when 5 rogue YP were caught Saturday, the largest just over 13", two others at 12.5" and all were bruisers with high WR. They also loved the jigging spoons tipped with small FHM.

The only species that eluded us was the Wiper - but I doubt we'd have been able to land one with our UL rigs. Best day on the ice in a long time, and best day at our place ever - wish my PB bros were with me!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]