I get the shot, I've had a bad case of the flu when I didn't get the shot. Many times I had heard someone say that they got the shot and then the next week the had the flu. Guess what, it takes about 6 days for you to get the flu after you are exposed and it also takes 2 weeks for the shot to take effect. People think the shot gave them the flu when in fact that already had the flu but the symptons had not shown up yet. There is about a three week window where you might get the flu after getting the shot which has absolutely nothing to do with the vaccination.

And, if you have ever had measles you SHOULD get a shingles shot. My 92 year old uncle nearly died from shingles last year and I saw this WWII hero naval captain double over in pain with them. I told the doctor that I think that if I had driven uncle Chet to a bridge and stopped the car he would have gotten out and jumped, that is how much pain he had. The pain lasted 6 week.

But I too stand for freedom of choice. As the old country song says, "Don't we all have the right to be wrong now and then?"

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,