Catmandoo, I agree all people need to be good about protecting our waters from invasive problem species. That said I have personally observed every species BobbyRice and I are talking about in freshwater in FL.. I know they all spend parts of there life cycle there. Last year I seen adult sheepshead that where caught out of Lake Wimico (which opens naturally to the Gulf Of Mexico about 10 miles into the fresh water zone). The Zebra mussels you mentioned have now made there way into Alabama from the Great Lakes. Things like what BobbyRice is doing interest me as the Sheepshead may be another natural method of destroying other invasive species like the zebra mussel. I for one am very glad to find out the sheepshead can survive full time in the freshwater.

On a side note the tributaries in my area feed unrestricted into the Gulf of Mexico which has often made me think about invasive aquatic problems. I have actually caught wild american eels on site. I even removed one about 2ft long from my 3 AC pond site the last time I reworked it.