Catmandoo,
I have a lake house in Northern WI and fish the great lakes every season. I can see what effects the salty invaders have done. It is actually quite amazing that they are able to live in ballast tanks let alone go from the ocean get dumped into a cold fresh water environment and thrive.....The alewives and the lamprey in particular. It is one thing to be able to live in fresh water but thrive and reproduce coming from pure salt water is almost science fiction.

Although, I have often wondered if a regular stocking program of put and take for sheepshead in lakes that have zebra mussel issues might be benificial. I do think the sheepshead have some temperature restrictions but are pretty cold tolerant...

Also, I side note....
I notice alot of sealice on the saltwater fish around my area during the winter for some reason. The flounder in the picture above had several on it. They did not like the fresh water and died. At least I think they are sealice, they look like little allens attached. detach and they move like crabs over the fishes body. When atached the are hard to remove.

Last edited by BobbyRice; 01/08/13 11:02 AM.

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia