I took a trip out to Colorado for a Cow Elk hunt. Nada. Not even an Elk track in about 12,000 acres. One of the guys did bag a Mt. Lion. It seemed that a Female lion moved into the same canyon that the elk herd liked, and they didn't want to be sleeping and feeding in an area where they might become dinner. We think she came into heat, and somewhere between 4 and 6 toms also moved into the same canyon.

I'm not saying it's a tag sandwich yet, as the outfitter said that since our tags are good 'till end of day on 12-31, if any move back in he'd give us a call and we would make a mad dash back out there.

He fully expected all 6 of us to be tagged out by noon on the first day. Didn't happen. Another hunter, his wife and I stayed another day and nothing. Mule Deer? We could have had our pick. I'll throw the pics on Photobucket and transfer a few here.

Our deer season here ends Jan 6th, I plan on going out and putting at least 2 more in the freezer.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).