It's shocking and unfathomable. But those are just words. I have 3 children, 7 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren.

I'm almost ashamed to say that one of my first thoughts was that the tools would be blamed. I've been in politics but I'll stop there because we don't do politics here.

Do I blame the auto makers for the drunk driver? Do I blame the booze industry? Do I blame the liquor store or bartender? Of course not.

Do I blame the restaurant and food industry for my high cholesterol? Nope.

Will we put a stop to the movie industry making films showing unseemly behavior and violence? According to statistics, nothing else sells. I doubt that any changes will come there.

How about video games that show the purchaser, usually young people, an unrealistic view of life and death? Not much else sells there and demand will keep changes from occurring.

I'm told by the cops that way over 90% of theft is narcotics related. Can I blame the weed, the pill or the needle for my loss? It's easy to do but I really can't blame their existence for human frailty.

I heard on the news that we are a violent people but we know that only a very tiny minority are violent towards others. And, we have already outlawed that.

Can I blame the school because Johnny can't read? Not really.

I'm not smart enough to enact the answers to societal problems. But I know that most of these problems didn't exist when I was the age of the victims.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP