Originally Posted By: Dave Willis
Winchester Model 94 30-30 is old school, JHAP! Shot my first deer with that particular model and caliber.
I'm not ashamed to say I love my 30-30. Several years back I went on a quest to purchase a pre-1964 30-30. Took a while but I found a beauty. There is just something about a lever gun that I find appealing. So far I've never killed a deer (grew up in the city). I did scare the hell out of one with my 4Runner though.

Originally Posted By: kenc
I think you have to use nearly lead free bullets in the condor's range so these shells would be quite a bit more. At a range may be a different story. Here we shoot off the deck or window. Sometimes we open the window for the first shot but it doesn't matter after the initial blast.
laugh Our property is outside of the lead-free zone. We don't see any condors in El Dorado county, we do however have Turkey Vultures with lousy attitudes though.

Originally Posted By: sprkplug
I'll bet that several of us have run a few rounds through a "thutty-thutty".....I know I've owned a couple...may still own one?.....
May? Sheesh you must have a great gun collection!

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)