I add trees every year as needed. Not all locations need trees every year.

I tie the trees on the post so they hang at certain depths and angles to cover the area wanted. After a year (or at replacement/renewal time) I cut the ropes (trot line string) and let them sink. Then replace to match conditions. Over time you have a cone from bottom to surface (or as deep as you want based on rope length on the still hanging trees). The bottom trees which have defoliated have more room (fewer and bigger branches) for larger fish while the new ones on top have thick branches for small fish.

Water in that feeder structure location is about 9 ft. Water at feeder on dock is about 5 ft.

We have about 100 such tree structures like that over 3 lakes. They range from about 4 ft to 25 ft of water. This does not include the shallow water ones which are not on posts but staked down (trees on their side) about 30 - 50 feet from the BG beds.

That is only part of the structure plan as we have all types - pallets , rock piles , tree tops , artificial pot structures , platforms and more.

Last edited by ewest; 11/16/12 11:53 AM.