Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
TJ some of your questions are answered in the link that I added to my post above. His plan evidently changed to add BG. Original plan was with crappie. Yes- I think he is another overeager pond owner and is stocking sort of backwards. He was previously provided lots of reading material. It is a new pond this summer. Adding the larger fingerling YP and BG before any minnows is the common "cart before the horse" situation, but it could work okay since the fish usually have farm raised pellet fed fat in them and can survive over winter on fat and invertebrates until spring. A pond fullof minnows would insure well fed winter fish and a YP spawn spring 2013. Winters are long in Ontario. Fellet feeding in spring 2013 will resume their growth. His predator choice will be the main problem to get control of BG and have a long term perpetuating YP fishery. As you know by experience, BG & YP are not the best combination for both species to do well together and both thrive long term without lots of hands on management.

Yes, I do...very well.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]