I built a pond on my father in laws farm about a year ago. The pond was constructed in a draw and dosent have much run off water. The pond is located in Ames, Oklahoma and the soil is very sandy. The pond fills to a certain level then leaks down about a foot a day. The pond is about 10-15 feet from being filled to the top. The pond is about 12 feet deep at this point. The contracter keeps telling me not to worry that the pond needs to silt in and then it will quit leaking. I have a irrigation motor that I use to fill the pond.But it always drains down to that certain level. I think it might be draing out the sides. Any thoughts on sealing this pond would be appriciated. I must cofess I went into this project unprepared and did not do my home work. I should have had the soil checked but I wanted a fishing hole. 9 thousand dollars latter I have a pond that wont fill all the way. I have considered placing beonite from the current water level to where the top level of water should be then fill the pond with water?Any suggestions would be appriciated Thanks Glenn Oister