Okay, this is 0.15 acre. What are the approximate fish populations in Hoover right now? [I'm sure you know exactly how many Male BG, (Male) RES, and (Female) YP you put in, and have a pretty good idea of morts so far.] I (and probably others) am interested what population density results in such a huge invertebrate population.

If it were me, Bruce, I'd add more male BG or RES, utilize more of that invertebrate base, and keep them all a little hungrier (and hopefully biting year round). If they stayed on pellets all Summer, your total biomass will be (potentially a lot) higher, right? That would cut your chances of a 20 pound gill, however. Or would it? You probably have as good an idea as anyone whether a fish on all the natural food it can possibly eat grows bigger than one with a good, albeit smaller, natural food supply plus all the good pellets it can eat.

I assume that the pond will handle more fish in it without water quality problems.

You need to see if you can pick up one of those skycam setups from a sports stadium. Rig it to 4 posts set on the corners of the pond, and you could use it to move the underwater camera around with minimal disturbance to the fish.

I would like to see a picture of that watermelon!

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]