Well, the worst certainly missed us, and I am very thankful! As a testament to how dry our sub-soils have been, the 2 inches of rain over 2 days only amounted to 5 new inches of water in the pond. Sort of disappointing, but the most gain I have had since April! All of the springs and creeks dried right back up after the rain passed.

I went through a bunch of effort putting in heavy liner under-layment on the pond spillway just in case to prevent washouts. Nailed it all down, put rocks on it, etc. The water is not even close to reaching it. Better safe than sorry though.

I missed the entire storm while I was in Alabama, where it was colder than at home in NY. I really wish I got to see it as I love watching a good storm. The radar was fascinating on how a large hunk of rain shot across NYS in a manner of hours in the wrong direction. My wife said it was pea-soup fog the entire time. Could not see anything of what was going on other than hearing the roaring wind and driving rain.

I really feel bad for the poor folks who wound up in the bad spots of this thing. Who would have thought WV would get all that snow while NY was 50 degrees? Crazy! (Slightly jealous, as we can deal with that).

As far as wind goes, we were not even close to some of our "normal" wind storms. We hit 40MPH peak, but it was a very rare direction from the NE. We usually get pounded on our hill in the fall with 70MPH gusts on occasion from the SW. Not a speck of wind damage for us either. My parents up further north in Webster were not so lucky, a large willow fell on their house and greenhouse smashing in many of the glass panes. He grows orchids in there, so he had to run rescue missions while tending to my mom with her ALS. I felt horrible I was too far away to help.

-LS