Originally Posted By: jludwig
Originally Posted By: Stacy4Stubby
we're sitting on almost 20 inches of snow. But thank goodness we have electricity. I hadn't heard too many people complain at all about the snow. Seems the wrong thing to do when so many others are in terrible conditions.
It's SOOOO cold!

Wow! I wonder if Ken got any snow...

Thankfully, we didn't get any snow. But, people like Stacy are in miserable conditions. Roads are still closed. Massive power outages -- and cold for this time of year.

I don't know how long this link will stay active, but it shows who got hit with snow. WV Snow Cover

The area between Elkins and Beckley WV is just plain buried. I believe Stacy is due south of Beckley, right on the VA/WV border. Roof collapses have been an issue in the heavy snow area because the snow was so incredibly wet and heavy. Wyoming County, WV, just west of Stacy's location, is over 90% without power. They were a few degrees colder than us. I think we went down to 29 degrees overnight.

I'm due west of Winchester, VA, just over the WV/VA border. We some how got by with minimal damage. My main pond is now below the emergency spillway, but the top of the standpipe is still at least a foot below the water level.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!