Originally Posted By: highflyer
Tums, have you checked to see the natural current in your pond due to wind and natural heating? I found that my pond has a current at all times. I assumed it was because of the wind and differential heating. I did the calculations and figured out that nature was providing me with several (greater than 10) HP worth of energy input at times. I never saw less than 1HP worth of energy sturing the pond due to nature.

BTW, my pond is more like 10 acres and it is aligned with the natural wind patterns.

Eric could you please add a brief synopsis from the past

And yes, I'm a geek...

Yes, I do have a natural light current in the 3 acre pond that varies depending on the prevailing winds. I also own a smaller pond just over .5 acre with an avergae depth of 8 ft. This pond has alot more natural current as it fills naturally with spring water in around 72 hrs.. The water flow there sure does make it a great place to put a 1000 CCatfish from time to time. Fish taste great due to water turnover and are pretty easy to catch in such a small area. I have toyed with idea of putting in some rainbow trout (which is odd for South Alabama) in the .5 due to the cooler summer temps..