Thanks for the tip, you have helped me before, and in fact mentioned this food I think, I have bookmarked the page now. I did not add that when I do fish, as well as my neighbor, we do use the tackle almost exactly as you described ( not out of any intelligence on our part, more that we wanted to get all the fight we could out of the large BG the Aquamax was churning out )...however, we have not tried the bait yet, I will buy some and in the spring we will give it another shot. However, I should note that no fish in the pond will come to the surface any longer for any food I toss in to check, they never do each year, they just "shut down" as far as any floating pellets this time of the year, so I am not sure how this will work, but certainly worth the shot!

We pull down the feeders in the 2nd week of October each year in this part on Missouri. I watch the feeding become less intense as the days grow shorter and it almost comes to a stop about now, so up go the feeders until spring.

We are a little confused why it is still so difficult to catch ANYTHING this last month since the feeders are gone. I realize as the water cools off ( it has remained very warm this year late, water is still not very cool ) all the fish slow down, but BG are caught under ice every year, I had assumed that with the bugs nearly gone since our first couple of frosts, with very little food supply ( still have a lot of mosquito fish and other minnows though ) the BG at least would continue to pester the bait as always even when we are trying for the much larger CC. However, they are very reluctant to hit anything, yet I still see occasional surface activity whenever a bug is feeling lucky ( they are not smile and I know some feeding has to occur.

In the years past, we were able to at least hit the BG even in the winter with lures and bait, I suppose it is possible I don't have near as many of them in the pond as I think, I have not put one in the pond in 6 years. Yet each summer I have a few visits from people that really know what they are doing, and they pull them in like a commercial tuna fleet, so I am still a bit confused.

Thanks for reminding me of that bait, I will try that!