Thanks for the responses.

After one day or so of being on the website I believe I have learned what our main problem is and I'm afraid it will be a massive undertaking to repair.

We have a tremendous amount of trees growing through both sides of the dam at all heights. Behind the dam is extremely rough and dense foliage and I had planned on waiting until winter to really get back in there and explore. After reading about the problems with trees in the dams I woke up this morning and headed down there. Sure enough there's a part that is a swamp.

This land is really my Dads. I own 10 acres and all the buildings and he owns the other 150. Fortunately we have the same goals for the property as far as hunting and fishing. He owns two more farms about 15 miles from here and he has a dozer and just bought an excavator. We will have to figure out a way to get it over here because we don't have a trailer that big or a truck that would pull it. Even so, with the amount of trees we have growing in both dams, I'm thinking we will need professional help.

Last edited by Splandman; 10/20/12 10:20 AM.