Originally Posted By: mnfish
WOW!!!!! shocked shocked That is a crazy amount of deer. How many deer per square mile do you guys have? How does the land support that many? I can't even imagine that many deer.

MasterRack Lodge just east of me in my area reports to have over 100 deer per square mile(non-fenced population). There is 187 acres I hunt just up the road from them since I was a kid. Alot of the Black Belt region of ALabama has near 50 deer per Square mile. If it was not for farming and supplemental feeding programs we would have alot smaller deer in the area. I have killed deer over 300# here (very few of them though.)The biggest one B&C harvested by my family was my Brotheinlaws 189 point NonTypical. We have a few 180 class deer that I occasionally get a look at. The one picture linked below that scored 191 B&C nontypical was killed just North of me.
[img] http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/imagesWatch/TWnontypWhitetailAlabama.jpg [/img]

BTW it has taken alot of the fun out of deer hunting for me having killed many in my younger years. When I want one to eat now days I simply just tell someone else to shoot me one. My wife would kill me if I shot one of those that come into the back yard all the time. The last time I took my dear old dad deer hunting he killed a buck and a doe while sitting on the tail gate.