Well.......I didn't get the trap fixed until mid afternoon (just had too much stuff going on) and when I reset it I accidentally set it upside down whistle

Thus I decided to pull it out again this evening and empty it and reset it. Even with the the funnel higher than it should been and only soaking for a few hours I had a nice catch of about a dozen bluegill, 3 redears and a crappie (2 of the redears were VERY nice). I was pleasantly surprised given the odds that were stacked against it for those few hours. Sorry, no pics though as I barely got it done before dark.

Also, figured out flotation! I had an old dock that was falling apart and I pulled a big piece of styrofoam from it and used it to get under the trap. It was a bit of a job wedging it under but it floated the whole trap out of water safely to shore, thus not tearing any more holes in it from dragging! cool then I floated it right back out and set it in place. Much easier! Looking forward to a big catch in the morning and hopefully no escapees!