those are perch egg sacs.. i've been eating them since i was a wee lad..fried in either bacon grease,,, or butter..they're very creamy...
or in scrambled eggs, it reminds me of lobster and eggs, without the lobster texture..
the fried fish is just a mix of cornmeal, italian seasoned panko and romano cheese..
for the smoked, i put 2 fish in a half gallon of water with about 1/3 cup salt, and 1/4 cup sugar for about 30 minutes, patted dry and dusted with garlic powder, then hotsmoked with a cameron stove top smoker for 20-25 minutes..i had smoked perch on crackers with a little tartar sauce the next day watching the browns get beat
for the baked fish, i used parchment paper, a splash of wite wine, a knob of butter on each fish, salt, pepper, fresh dill, and fresh thyme.. folded the paper up into a pouch and baked for 20 minutes @350
i'm just super happy that i raised these fish in my house.. i have a pretty good stock going, and the tilapia have been breeding - mostly feeding the yp, but i'll probably get my aquaculture license this winter..

Last edited by keith_rowan; 09/17/12 12:15 PM.