LMB and SMB cannot coexist in a pond as the LMB will outcompete the SMB.

My advice:
1) Decide between LMB or SMB before you do anything else. If you go LMB and change your mind you have to kill everything in the pond to switch to SMB. Both will require different forage fish so make that decision first.

2) Once you have made your decision come up with a forage stocking plan and stock your forage. Wait as long as possible before adding your predators (bass/trout/walleye/hsb). I am preparing a pond for YP and SMB, I started stocking forage in March but I will let this pond "marinate" until Fall of 2013 before adding any predators. I want to be sure that all stocked forage species get firmly established before a whirlwind of predation comes down on them. I want to have a good population of breeder sized shiners/darters/killifish/RES/minnows that can withstand bass predation enough to keep breeding. If you are leaning the SMB route talk to CJBS2003 about getting some non-traditional forage going.

3) Come up with a feeding plan. You do not need to be on the property daily in order to do this. Texas Hunter feeders are almost maintenance-free and my 125lb capacity unit once filled with feed can last 3-4 weeks without being filled again (depending on how often and how long your feeders go off daily this will vary). Your forage (and predators) will grow MUCH faster with a feeding plan.

4) Consider aeration. If there is no electricity near your pond then this might not be feasible but if it is feasible it will make your pond far more productive than a non-aerated pond. If this spring moves enough water it might not be necessary but there are others on this site that will be able to tell you more than I can.

5) Get some beneficial vegetation established. This sounds easier than it actually is. I have made three attempts at establishing eelgrass in my pond and I am only just now getting some established. Vegetation provides breeding grounds for forage and hiding places for predators. Look into hybrid water lillies, they are easy to plant and look great. I will not be adding predators until I have enough vegetation established.

6) (This should probably be #1) Get some cover and structure established in that pond ASAP! If you want SMB get some rocky structure and/or spawning beds set up ( http://www.helpourfisheries.com/how_to_build_a_nest.htm ). PVC fish structures like the porcupine fish attractor work quite well and are easy to put together. Get creative and look through the forums to find ideas you can put into your pond. You will need some wood pallets (weighted down with rocks) in the shallow areas as spawning grounds for your forage.

The most important thing is to have a plan. If you try to do this without a plan you will have regrets. I can say from experience that watching a pond plan come to fruition is incredibly satisfying! This is the BEST resource on the internet, use it, ask questions, do research, and you will reap the benefits.