With reference to the article by Mr Potts in the Mar-Apr 2003 issue of Pond Boss, has anyone out there tried what he suggests? I have a 2 1/2 year old pond approximately 1 acre in size with an average depth of about 6', max depth of about 12'. Location is in NE Oklahoma where we get plenty of runoff and plenty of hot summer weather. After reading the above article, thought I would give it a try....with no success. I am using a dual outlet aquarium airpump(Rena Air 400 which is rated as a deep air pump to 96") which is a much better pump than he suggested, a couple of feet of aquarium airline at both ends(less than the article suggests), about 100' of 5/8" garden hose, and 12" airstones at the end. Trouble is, can't even get a few bubbles out of the hose at the outlet end just below the surface let alone at the bottom of the pond. Even tried hooking up another air pump which I had handy so I now have two aquarium dual air airpumps(ie 4 connections) pumping air into one end of the garden hose(which is well sealed with silicone) with only two outlets at the other end, and still only a few bubbles.....when any air comes out at all. When I disconnect the airpumps, it is obvious that there is some backpressure as you can feel the air coming back. The article sure makes it sound simple, but that certainly has not been my experience. Anyone else out there tried this with any success?

When you are right, no one remembers; when you are wrong, no one forgets.