I also took a short video when I shot those photos last night but it took until this morning for it to be available for viewing. With each eroding rain it seems we can see more exposed flint from golf ball to baseball sized. After we built up the spillway I just started chucking them over the back of the dam. I literally have tons of this material and just looked to see that someone on eBay is selling the same chert flint I have but in smaller pieces at $4.99 for 1/2 pound lots plus shipping. Don't know if he is actually getting buyers but I would be thrilled to get just a small fraction of that. I could keep my 3 kids busy after school for a long time collecting, cleaning and sorting flint. At this point I'm up for anything! My 8yr old son retained more of what the expert told us than I did and can identify the different types better than me. Now I need to drain a hole, do some bucket tests and start a stone reclamation business. The things I'll do for the luxury of being able to go fishing in my backyard, and to stop feeling like a fool in front of my neighbors. At least in the meanwhile my son loves playing down there. A boy, dirt, hills, neat rocks, frogs, and all kinds of animal tracks in the mud to identify. He may actually be a little sad when I figure out how to flood his playground. He loves to fish to though so he will be happy either way.

Pond Problem