One of the reasons I posted was because of something I stumbled across reading product reviews on batteries...several guys stated their original 12v 7.5ah batteries that came with the product [scooter, moped, wheelchair, alarm system, etc.] lasted for TEN years, and replacements only lasted 18-24 mos and they were disappointed with the limited life. I was hoping someone on the forum could verify the accuracy of battery performance like that noted, and if there was a source they could share for us all. Again, these were just product reviews so I can't authenticate. 10 years for a battery seems a stretch and then some, but worth asking. My tundra battery lasted for 10 years charging and draining, didn't know if maybe some smaller batteries might also share that longevity.

Do car batteries last longer because they are bigger? If so, would a more powerful 12V battery also last longer - say 10ah or higher? Sorry for all the questions...just trying to learn. If I could spend an extra 10 bucks on a stronger battery which lasts twice as long it might make fiscal sense, plus it reduces the amount of waste I'm creating...which is a bonus.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]