My new 1.25 acre pond is about 2 years old now, it took a while to fill due to the drought. I stocked CNBG last May. I am waiting for this next spring to add the LMB. I also plan on adding RES and some FHM before the LMB if I can locate some.

I began feeding the CNBG a week ago, the ones that are close enough to the dock for me to see are now 4-6" (stocked 1-2"). They seem to be doing great. After they have been eating for a while, another type of fish shows up to eat. It rolls at the surface rather than 'hitting' at the pellets. Last night they got close enough for me to see what they are and I am certain it is some type of catfish, most likely bullhead. They have a very light almost white belly (other BH I have cought have a more yellow/golden belly) and are 6-8" long. I am going to try to catch a few this evening so I can ID them.

If they are BH, how big of a problem is this? I have not noticed the giant black pod like I have before in other ponds. Is it safe to wait until the spring to add the LMB or will I be over ran by then? Is there any chance this is possibly another type of cat?

Last edited by drumz2129; 08/07/12 08:09 AM.