Originally Posted By: george1
Originally Posted By: fishfrank
So if the Eco 7 is good to 10 feet, what would be a good affordable pump to 15 feet? If you get a pump larger then necessary do you get a bigger "boil" or no?

I am not qualified to give aeration advice - BUT - I would not trust a "disposable" air pump to save my Texas heat and drought prone fish from a fish kill!

An "affordable" air pump would be one that would protect my expensive fish.
Having experienced one really bad fish kill and one partial fish kill in ten years from Texas record heat and droughts, I have become a "belt and suspenders" guy.
I rely long term on Gast rotary vane air pump bottom diffuser system and Kasco surface aerator for emergency use.

Just to clarify a little here when AP said "disposable" I believe he meant the price was right for the pump. So right in fact you could have an extra brand new one on your shelf and not spend any time trying to fix your pump. Just plug another in and go. Your higher priced pump is going to go bad also just a matter of when. I live right above you George in Arkansas, and we have had triple digit temps for the past 2 months now and no rain hardly at all, and my pond is a good 3 feet low right now and I have not had a fish kill. Each to his own of course but lets not take things out of context here. Just because the price is right enough to just replace it when needed doesn't mean it's a cheap no good pump and not trust worthy any more then a 500 dollar pump is. Expensive doesn't always equal better I've learned that the hard way.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!