Originally Posted By: Sam417
Here is my plan for stocking as of right now:
100 CC
50 LMB
25 HSB
500 BG
10# FHM
10# GSH

All of the numbers are per acre. Any thoughts?

What size of each fish are you planning on stocking?

Just be aware that CC can get hook shy VERY quickly. I caught and tagged 2 in my pond, one 3 years ago and one 2 years ago and haven't seen either since. Here's the last one that I caught. It was 29.5" and just shy of 16#. It was tagged and released back into the pond. I shouldd have 4 large CC in the pond, I know I had, because I drained and renovated the pond in 2008. When I let the fish swim into the renovated portion of the pond, I had to hand transfer 4 CC that I couldn't pick up with one hand by grabbing them behind their head. I had to use 2 hands to hold onto the fish. I have only been able to catch 2 of them, and tagged them both. Even with a trot line in the pond all summer (2010), and running it every day. I am trying to catch out all the CC except for those 4. I had stocked 150 of them over the span of a couple of years, but didn't keep harvest records, so I don't know how many are left. The last batch of 100 had the adipose fin clipped, so those can be told apart from any others caught.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).