I have an old pond that is less than 0.1 Acres with an average of 3’ deep. The soil has a lot of clay and the water clarity has always been bad. I am going to run a seine through and get out all the good fish I want and move to one of my new ponds. After that I want to kill everything in there and start over and use it as a breeding pond, grow pond or something like that. A friend mentioned “lime” could do both. Can anyone tell me how much I would need, how to use, how soon I could put fish back in, best place to get lime or if something else would work better. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Also I have two new ponds, spring fed. One is filling great with crystal clear water. It is the catch pond for the other larger pond that is not filling yet. We did get a good rain and the larger one did get some water. The water clarity is not good in that one in some of the pools and has remained cloudy for weeks without new water. My question is should I treat that one now or wait for it to fill? If treat with what and how. It will be about an acre when it fills. Only part of it has clay. Any thoughts?
Thanks for your help

Drew