Originally Posted By: John Monroe
This is a great thread that I understand completely. Like Liquidsquid I have two sets of lots of things I forget I had, then I buy another one. When I am building a project I spend more time looking for tools I laid down someplace then the time working on the project.

Ain't that the truth. Since I semi-retired I've been doing a lot of projects and a lot of cleaning/organizing/throwing out. I added a kitchen in the basement, which required running copper gas lines. I've got three sets of cutting/flaring tools. While I was looking for them, I found three of the rollers used to put screen into windows.

The worse thing is when I lose a tool and then sit down and try to figure out where I might have left it -- and it is in my back pocket.

Scott, as for the trees here. Most of the big ones go back to the late 1920s and early 1930s. The area where I live is known as Timber Ridge. It was almost 100% chestnut at one time. When all the chestnut died, oak became dominant. About half our oak is chestnut oak, the rest is a mix of white oak and red oak.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!