Oooh Boy! Where do I start?

This thread, and this episode are all good/bad news. As crazy as my life is, this has been kind of fun.

I don't believe any foul play was involved. I still don't know how my fly rod ended up in that end of the pond. All I can figure is that we got an afternoon storm that blew it off the dock.

One of the good/bad things is my laziness. Earlier, while I was fishing with the fly rod and a popper, I lost everything to a monster tree bass that grabbed my popper while it was in mid-air, probably at least 20-30 feet above water level. The tree bass was huge. Probably at least 60 inches in girth, and at least 50 feet tall!

When I regained my composure, I was down to no tippet and no leader - just fly line and backing on my old cheapo reel. I grabbed about six feet of 4 lb., line from my ultralight. I tied it to the end of my fly line with an Ugly-Knot. The Ugly-Knot was big enough to not go through the end eye on my fly rod. The part of my flyrod rod I hooked was two eyes back from the end. That is where it broke.

I probably can fix it, but instead I bought a new 5-6 weight, 8-1/2 foot rod this afternoon.

I'm old enough to finally believe that suspecting that my misfortunes (misadventures??) might be due to something other than my own doing, is not not wise!

However, the tree bass that ate my popper and leader may just become victim to one of my old Scandinavian friends -- Mr. Husqvarna!

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!