Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
Fair enough. I've fished for LMB my whole life, and for some reason CNBG suddenly intrigue me. Maybe it's the 2 small money pits (ponds) I've been working on, but the appeal is much higher for them right now than my "trophy" pets. It seems like all I do is cull small LMB because I need to, but get excited when a huge CNBG hits my lure.

As always, thanks.

Al, I know you for an old hand Lake Fork bass fisherman but I see you on the road to recovery…
grin
Same as you – fished for LMB my whole life – remember to this very day the first bass I caught some 80 (yes 80) years ago …..I was about 7 years old fishing for “purch” with worms and a cane pole – ran out of bait and picked a berry blossom and put in on my hook – caught my first bass – guess I was the one hooked.

After fishing Lake Fork on all three rises, Fairfield, Monticello. Welch and Broken Bow, I got bored with bass fishing and discovered catching Texoma stripers a lot more fun – wore out three boats and 5 motors in 20 years.

Then I discovered HSB in ponds were the most fun of all – don’t match the excitement of a big bass tail walking bass but will outfight them any day of the week.

Fly fishing is fun – just the challenge I guess – every fish I have ever caught from our main pond has been on a fly rod – my wife is a better fly fisher than I ..
Only spin tackle occasional use in small pond to transfer fish to main pond.

My first love has become CNBG –
“but get excited when a huge CNBG hits my (fly) lure”. cool
George

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)