CJ hit this spot on. I also have a 1 acre pond and I couldn't wait to start growing big LMB and it didn't take me long to figure out that I did not have the skills to do it!! I have had my pond for 3 years now and the biggest LMB I have got has been 18 inches, but most are 14 to 15 inches. So I have shifted my goals to large CNBG, RES and HSB. I now have air in place and a feeding program also! It is all starting to pay off. I have caught a few 10 inch RES and 8 plus inch CNBG now. My HSB i put in my pond in April were 8 to 10 inches and they are already over 12 inches with a feeding program. Trust me I wanted more than ever to have large LMB but you may have to settle with a few medium LMB as a bonus fish every once in a while and large BG and HSB! The guys are right I couldn't believe how much fight a 12 inch HSB has! It's unreal. I can't wait to catch a 4 pounder!!! Hey good luck and keep us posted as to what you do ok.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!