What is your definition of a trophy LMB? 5+ pounds? 8+ pounds? 10+ pounds?

Realize that the best of 1 acre ponds can support around 100 pounds of bass. Think about that for a moment... Even if your average bass is 3.3 pounds, that is roughly 30 bass. How smart do you think those 30 bass are gonna get with just minimal fishing pressure? So smart they'll be about impossible to catch! Trying to growing trophy bass in a 1 acre pond and expecting it to produce good results is in my opinion an unreasonable expectation.

A 1 acre pond can however produce far more pounds of BG/sunfish per acre. This means it is reasonable to grow trophy BG/sunfish in smaller ponds.

I would strongly consider a HSB/HBG/CC stocking. If you have never caught HSB, they make LMB look like wimps! They take to pellets very easily meaning you can produce far more pounds per acre than LMB. They won't reproduce in your pond meaning unlike pellet trained LMB, in a few years you won't have piles of non pellet trained LMB stunting.

If you don't care for HBG and CC, then you don't even have to stock them. You can stock just HSB.

If it was my pond, I would renovate it completely whether by chemical, draining or a combination of the two. I would then invest in a quality aeration system and fish feeder. To expect a quality trophy LMB fishery in a 1 acre pond is unreasonable. You need 3 acres and preferably 5+ acres to even consider a long term trophy LMB fishery where the bass aren't so smart the only way to catch them is via live bait.

However, decent numbers of 4-8 pound HSB can be grown in a 1 acre pond if aerated and fed.