Hi all, this is my first post and I need a lot of help on turning my pond around. I have just recently bought a house with a pond on the property. The pond is around an acre in size. The pond is 15+ years old and the previous landowner said it was stocked with bass, bluegill, channel cat, and he put Amur grass carp in 7 years ago. From what I have fished so far there are tons of small starved bass, big sunfish, no bluegill and I haven't tried fishing for cats yet. My intentions for this pond are to grow and catch trophy largemouth bass. I want all catfish gone as well because they compete with bass. I also plan to stock adult bluegill from my father in law's pond into mine since there are no bluegill. So here is my problem with pics.

Here is the pond about 1 acre in size. It has some kind of aquatic vegetation growing around the shallow parts to about two- three feet out, coon tail or something. I don't know if I should remove a lot of this or not?

Here is the average sized bass. Way small looks like stocking size.

A lot are starving like this one

I have removed a total of 44 bass so far I plan on removing lots more.

I know I probably shouldn't have. I don't know if it was a good idea or not But I put this guy in the pond to help out with population control on the small bass? I don't know if it will help or not. Any input on this would be great.

And here are the sunfish in the pond. At least I think they are sunfish. I have not removed any of them yet... I don't know if I should...

Any input would be greatly appreciated as I need a lot of help.

Last edited by Rut-N-Strut; 07/10/12 12:34 PM.