I got to the farm yesterday with my son and we worked hard and played hard. First we had to cut the grass on the dam!!! thats right, the grass on the dam needed to be cut! The solar powered sprinkler system is doing great!!

We also got rid of two loads of left over sticks and roots around the dam area. They went off to the burn pile.

Them we got to go fishing. I must admit that we started off slowly. But them my son asked if we could catch a few small BG's and fish for LMB with them, so we got out fish trap 2.0 lite, and a little bit of aquamax 500 and after about 10 minutes we had more little BG's in the trap than we could use all day.

Turns out, our LMB really like BG's for lunch. In short order, my son caught a 1Lb 7 oz LMB that looked pretty good. Then he caught a CC that was around a Lb and a half who could not quite finish his BG lunch.

Eventually, he seemed to get it down, but I think he might have gulped a bit more than he could swallow.

Then my son said that he would be happy if he caught a bigger LMB, and about 15 seconds later, he got a hit, he then landed an 2lb, 4 oz LMB than was in really good shape. That fish set the record for a LMB in our pond and I was very proud of him.

But then I showed him who his daddy was!! I broke his little record and caught a 2Lb 14oz LMB it was 16 and 3/4 inches long and really put up a fight.

For a pond that is only a year and a half old, I was happy to see that a few of the original stockers were still doing okay. Remember, I got my original stockers fron Rex Allen Curtis and after Bob lusk's survey of our pond, it was evident that only a few of the LMB survived from last year.

All in all, it was a great day spent out on the farm with my son. We worked hard and we fished hard. If we we would have had the time, we would have probably would have gotten our selves in trouble!!

I would not trade days like that for anything!!!

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%