Hi all,
I'm looking for ideas/advice on how to create a swimming area in an existing pond.

The pond was on the property when I bought the home, it's fed by a natural spring and it also has springs that come up from the bottom of the pond. It's shallow at the end being fed, and gets deeper on the other end that has a drain. The pond is also surrounded by large pine trees, and has a lot of small mouth bass in it. We have no issue with the water, water is crystal clear all the way down to the bottom. We have lots of plants that grow up during the summer because it's so clear.

The pond has a lot of muck in it, especially at the shallow end which is where i'd like to make a small swimming area. I've read a few different posts here about removing the muck before laying anything down, or even just dumping sand/stone on top of the muck.

I plan on investing on a pond aerator to help prevent this going forward, but what should I do about the existing muck? Should I remove it? Or just dump tons and tons of sand/stone on top of it?

Any advice is appreciated!