Originally Posted By: Bossone
Zep, one of my drillers uses a guy who can "witch" for water and they came out at no charge and gave me an idea of where they think water is at. And if they find a dry hole, there is no charge; they will drill again. Interesting fact about the other driller; he don't use witcher and just drills, but if he get a dry hole then he charges you 10 per foot (average 2k) for each dry hole. A neighbor up the road a mile, had 2 dry holes. OUCH!

In the end, I know I won't use him even though he apparently dug the original well on our property.

Never hear the phrase "never say never"?

Well I decided to go forward with the well and I was going to go with the guy who brought out guy who "witched" where to drill. Needless to say after 3 weeks and one excuse after another ( and lying to me) I fired him from the project and had to go back to the other driller that I wasn't going to use with my tail between my legs. They graciously were willing to take my money (surprise) and just today finished drilling it.

The good news is they found water @ the 160ft mark and it will produce 25 GPM, even better than my house well. So once we get power out to it, we can start filling the pond back up.

So much for the cheaper guy.......