Well the minnow trap did not yield any results as both zippers on the trap were broken upon arrival. I caught some fatheads in it but most of the fish swam out of the opening before I could bring it in. I will either sew up the zippered parts to close them permanently or replace the zippers but it will be a little while before it is usable.

On the positive side I am 100% sure that the spotfin shiners are still going as I saw numerous 3-4" fish around the CD structures and I even saw them chase off some fatheads/rosey reds that were trying to nose around the structures. My eelgrass has not spread yet but the lillies are doing quite well. I have eight lillies that have pads on the surface, two weeks ago only one of the lillies had anything on the surface so this is good progress. Hopefully the lillies cover the shallow end and the grass takes off...

I had some friends come down to the farm on Saturday, we had tickets to an Iron Maiden concert that was taking place 20 miles from the farm so we got to the farm early for some swimming and other hijinks before heading off the the show. After we left my Dad went down to the pond and found a black bear that had knocked down the feeder and was jumping up and down on it, trying to open it up. When my Dad drove up with the truck the bear slowly wandered off and my Dad was able to reset the feeder. We are going to have to come up with some type of enclosure for the feeder as bears have been very common this year and I don't want them ruining my $850 feeder!