My buddy came across this problem with his fish and we pondered the situation on how to get the bluegill back to eating natural food. First he used game fish chow so only the bluegill were eating, while they were eating he cut his food back to half as much and we started throwing out crickets with the food and the big gills would watch them and eat more GFC they slowly started eating them mainly big gills. As days went on and this feeding kept on, the bluegill would eat the crickets first. Finally it got to the point where he only threw crickets out. Then he stopped feeding on a schedule and a certain place just throwing at random locations. The bluegill are still doing great, I went fishing there about two months ago he has been doing this for about a year now. I feel like its getting bluegill to act more naturally by eating something live and crickets float an make a lot of commotion on top of the water so it calls in a bunch of gills, also it's easy to watch the takers of crickets since there on top of the water. Another plus is crickets are so easy to keep. Make a box with a wire top, put potatoes, egg crates, green beans, lettuce, grass, and just about anything leafy or great and something to hide under.