I'm without an office at least through next week (building new "game" kitchen, and remodeling the old office in the basement), so it is hard for me to post photos. But, I'll try to get some up.

As for fall fish vs. creek chubs, they are very similar. I'm not sure how I'll know the difference. These are in an area where I fish somewhat regularly, and I've never caught anything over about 4 inches, so I strongly suspect they are chubs.

I'm not sure what the largest fall fish is that I've caught. But, like Travis, I've caught some pretty good sized ones on bass baits. Certainly, at least to 12 inches. When I lived on the Virginia side of the border, there was a creek near the house that was loaded with huge fall fish, small SMB, and lots of green sunfish.

My intent would not be to stock them, but to only use them as bait. I'm sure I could keep them for a number of days in a cage in one of my forage ponds if I decided I wanted to keep some around.

I used some dead ones yesterday, and it took no time at all for bass to grab them.

Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!